In September there was a county-wide month-over-month decrease in home prices with one exception: Sudden Valley. Sudden Valley's average home sale increased 1.1% over August to $382,000 which was 19% over September 2017's average home sales price. Average days on market decreased from August across all areas, and there were fewer listings across the county overall.
September average sales prices and their change over the previous year were as follows:
- Sudden Valley: $382,000 (up 19%)
- Bellingham: $439,000 (up 12.6%)
- Lynden: $355,000 (down 4.3%)
- Ferndale: $376,000 (up 9.9%)
The county-wide average home sales price in September 2018 was $368,000 which was down 10.9% from August but up 7.9% over September 2017.
- Market Report for Whatcom County Real Estate, September 2018
- Market Report for Bellingham, WA Real Estate, September 2018
- Market Report for Sudden Valley (Bellingham, WA) Real Estate, September 2018
- Market Report for Ferndale, WA Real Estate, September 2018
- Market Report for Lynden, WA Real Estate, September 2018