There was a slight drop in county-wide average home sales prices in September 2017. In Whatcom County, the average price of a home sold was $341,000, a 6.8% drop from August 2017, but up 1.8% over September of the previous year.
September average sales prices and their change over the previous year were as follows:
- Bellingham: $389,000 (up 2.4%)
- Sudden Valley: $321,000 (up 14.2%)
- Ferndale: $344,000 (up 9.9%)
- Lynden: $372,000 (up 6.6%)
Sudden Valley saw the largest increase in sales price over September 2016.
Days on market are increasing as is typical for fall, with Bellingham and Sudden Valley still seeing the shortest time on market at 24 and 25 days on average respectively.
The number of new listings has also started to decrease is as normal for the season. New listings were down 34% county-wide in September.
- Market Report for Whatcom County Real Estate, September 2017
- Market Report for Bellingham, WA Real Estate, September 2017
- Market Report for Sudden Valley (Bellingham, WA) Real Estate, September 2017
- Market Report for Ferndale, WA Real Estate, September 2017
- Market Report for Lynden, WA Real Estate, September 2017