In October there was a county-wide month-over-month increase in home prices with one exception: Sudden Valley. Sudden Valley's average home sale increased 9.2% over September to $347,000 but that average was up a whopping 30.4% over October 2017's average home sales price.
Average days on market remain around the same or increased slightly in all areas, and there were fewer listings in Bellingham and Sudden Valley but Ferndale and Lynden had more listings as did the county as a whole. October average sales prices and their change over the previous year were as follows:
- Sudden Valley: $347,000 (down 9.2%)
- Bellingham: $441,000 (up 0.4%)
- Lynden: $412,000 (up 16%)
- Ferndale: $411,000 (up 9.3%)
The county-wide average home sales price in October 2018 was $397,000 which was up 7.8% from September and up 12.1% over October 2017.
- Market Report for Whatcom County Real Estate, October 2018
- Market Report for Bellingham, WA Real Estate, October 2018
- Market Report for Sudden Valley (Bellingham, WA) Real Estate, October 2018
- Market Report for Ferndale, WA Real Estate, October 2018
- Market Report for Lynden, WA Real Estate, October 2018