County-wide average home sales prices increased in October 2017. In Whatcom County, the average price of a home sold was $354,000, a 3.8% increase over September 2017 and a 10.6% increase from August 2017. That is a 13.4% change over the previous year (October 2016).
October average sales prices and their change over the previous year were as follows:
- Bellingham: $408,000 (up 19.2%)
- Lynden: $353,000 (up 9.3%)
- Sudden Valley: $266,000 (up 3.9%)
- Ferndale: $340,000 (down 3.4%)
Bellingham's average sales price continues to be the highest at $408,000 and saw a huge increase over October 2016.
Days on market increased another 5 days to 50 for the county-wide average in October 2017. Bellingham and Sudden Valley still seeing the shortest time on market at 30 and 39 days on average respectively, which is slower than we saw in September 2017 but faster than October 2016.
The number of new listings continues to decrease is as normal for the season, but overall are much higher (up to 46%) than they were in October 2016. New listings were down 11.9% county-wide in October.
- Market Report for Whatcom County Real Estate, September 2017
- Market Report for Bellingham, WA Real Estate, September 2017
- Market Report for Sudden Valley (Bellingham, WA) Real Estate, September 2017
- Market Report for Ferndale, WA Real Estate, September 2017
- Market Report for Lynden, WA Real Estate, September 2017