It should come as no surprise that county-wide average home sales prices increased again in November 2017. In Whatcom County, the average price of a home sold was $397,000, another 3.8% increase over October 2017 and a 10.5% increase from the previous year (November 2016).
November average sales prices and their change over the previous year were as follows:
- Bellingham: $475,000 (up 21.1%)
- Sudden Valley: $342,000 (up 1.1%)
- Ferndale: $389,000 (down 3.4%)
- Lynden: $392,000 (up 15.6%)
Bellingham's average sales price continues to be the highest at $475,000 and saw a huge increase over November 2016.
Days on market increased substantially to 71 for the county-wide average in November 2017. Lynden actually saw the shortest days on market in November at jus 51 with Sudden Valley and Ferndale tied for second shortest average days on market at 54.
The number of new listings were down everywhere except Lynden which saw an increase in November 2017. All areas but Sudden Valley, however, saw MORE listings in November 2017 than were seen in November 2016.
- Market Report for Whatcom County Real Estate, November 2017
- Market Report for Bellingham, WA Real Estate, November 2017
- Market Report for Sudden Valley (Bellingham, WA) Real Estate, November 2017
- Market Report for Ferndale, WA Real Estate, November 2017
- Market Report for Lynden, WA Real Estate, November 2017