In June, average home sale prices increased in Bellingham and Sudden Valley, but dipped slightly in Ferndale and Lynden. County-wide, prices dropped slightly less than 1% from May, but were still up 5.5% over the same period last year.
There was a slight drop in the number of new listings that came on the market in June as compared to May, and time on market remains low on average for most markets, with Ferndale being the longest at 53 days.
We've headed into a "summer slowdown" as some sellers have already noticed. While July tends to cool off a bit real estate-wise, August is the one to watch - will it pick up again as it did in 2016, or will we continue to see a cooler market?
- Market Report for Whatcom County Real Estate, June 2017
- Market Report for Bellingham, WA Real Estate, June 2017
- Market Report for Sudden Valley (Bellingham, WA) Real Estate, June 2017
- Market Report for Ferndale, WA Real Estate, June 2017
- Market Report for Lynden, WA Real Estate, June 2017