The end of the year brought yet another increase to home prices with Bellingham's average hitting $500,000 and the county-wide average reaching $407,000 in December 2017.
December average sales prices and their change over the previous year were as follows:
- Bellingham: $500,000 (up 7.2%)
- Sudden Valley: $319,000 (down 3.0%)
- Ferndale: $388,000 (up 26%)
- Lynden: $363,000 (down 2.9%)
Sudden Valley and Ferndale saw a slight increase in the average days on market in December, but all other areas saw a decrease. In December 2017, Lynden saw the fastest home sales with an average of just 40 days on market.
The number of new listings were down everywhere except Sudden Valley which saw an increase in December 2017. Bellingham and Lynden saw more listing in December 2017 than they had in December 2016; all other areas saw fewer listing than in the previous year.
- Market Report for Whatcom County Real Estate, December 2017
- Market Report for Bellingham, WA Real Estate, December 2017
- Market Report for Sudden Valley (Bellingham, WA) Real Estate, December 2017
- Market Report for Ferndale, WA Real Estate, December 2017
- Market Report for Lynden, WA Real Estate, December 2017